Here is the almost final form for the earthworm scarf:
I like the way the lace weight sections are transparent, and the earthworm yarn from Milkyrobot was an absolute delight to knit. Every inch was interesting.
I made some kind of gauge error. I am not sure precisely where, but the scarf is not the size I calculated for.
I wore it today, and I found that the particular combination of length and weight doesn’t make a particularly wearable scarf because I don’t like the way it looks draped around my neck and it doesn’t stay wrapped.
I tried crocheting the ends together and making a long loop to go around my neck twice, and I think that is the way I will go with.